Measure O Activity
- Role of the Bond Oversight Committee May 30, 2008 (pdf)
- Measure O Audit Report June 30, 2011 (pdf)
- Measure O Audit Report June 30, 2010 (pdf)
- Measure O Audit Report June 30, 2009 (pdf)
- Measure O Audit Report June 30, 2008(pdf)
- BOC May 22, 2013 Agenda | Minutes
- BOC January 22, 2013 Agenda | Minutes
- BOC October 9, 2012 Agenda | Minutes and financial statement
- BOC June 26, 2012 Agenda | Minutes
- BOC April 10, 2012 Agenda | Minutes
- BOC January 10, 2012 Agenda | Minutes and financial statement
- BOC October 11, 2011 Agenda | Minutes and financial statement
- BOC July 12, 2011 Agenda | Minutes
- BOC April 12, 2011 Agenda | Minutes and financial statement
- BOC January 11, 2011 Agenda | Minutes
- BOC October 19, 2011 Agenda | Minutes
- BOC August 17, 2011 Agenda | Minutes
- BOC April 21, 2010 Agenda | Minutes and financial statement
- BOC January 13, 2010 Agenda | Minutes
- Financial Activity Report October, 2009 to December, 2009
- BOC October 14, 2009 Agenda | Minutes
- BOC July 14, 2009 Agenda | Minutes
- Financial Activity Report July, 2008 to June, 2009
- BOC April 14, 2009 Agenda | Minutes
- BOC January 13, 2009 Agenda | Minutes
- BOC October 7, 2008 Agenda | Minutes
- Measure O passed, thank you for your support! Read about Measure O in the PressBanner
- Final Capital and Finance Plan about the proposed bond issue, click here (pdf)
Bond Oversight Committee
Colleen (Coco) Walter, Chair
Mark Becker, Co-Chair
San Lorenzo Valley Unified School District held a Board meeting on November 7, as well as two Board Workshops (December 12 and January 9, 2013) to discuss the final sale of Measure O bonds. The district’s consultant, Caldwell Flores Winters, presented at all three meetings. The Board was considering potential bond structures to issue the remaining bond authorization of approximately $5.9 million. The Trustees felt it was important to give the community the opportunity to participate in this conversation.
Option I was to utilize Capital Appreciation Bonds (CABs) and Option II was to utilize Current Interest Bonds (CIBs). After much discussion, the board directed staff to sell the second series of Bonds by utilizing the CIBs financing structure.
The following were the more critical determining factors:
- By using CIBs taxpayers will be paying back at a ratio of approximately 2.1 to 1 versus the more expensive CAB ratio of 3.33 to 1.
- In terms of overall debt, this translates to an estimated repayment of $12.4 million (CIBs) versus $19.6 million (CABs).
- By utilizing CIBs the debt will be paid off over a term of approximately 25 years versus a 30 year term for CABs.
District staff will be working with Caldwell Flores Winters to sell the bonds in late January or early February. This sale will fund the final project on the Measure O project list—a new theater on the SLVHS campus.
Thank you again for your continued support of our schools and the passing of Measure O. If you require further information, please contact the District Office at 336-5194. Thank you.
Thank you letter for passage of Measure O
To see a slide show of recent Measure O improvements click on the picture